One of the biggest mistakes salespeople make is going on a sales call and just“winging it.”
When you go on a call and wing it several things can happen. The first is the potential customer will usually see right through you and know you did not prepare to meet with them.
At this point you lose credibility and respect that could take months or years to earn back. The most costly thing that can happen when you are unprepared for a call is you may miss opportunities. By not having a solid understanding of your prospect before you meet, your chances of uncovering and winning potential business decreases.
As a professional salesperson you need to have a pre-call routine that you follow before each and every call. This routine will give you structure and position you as a professional in the presence of your prospects and customers.
Here is a sample routine to follow:
• Objective: What are you trying to accomplish on the call?
• What knowledge, resources or expertise can you bring to assist you in achieving your objective?
• What do you want to learn on the call? Prepare questions in advance to ensure you uncover what you want to learn.
• Situational awareness: Have you done research on the company and person you are meeting with so you have a general understanding of who they are and what they do.
• Visualize success for both you and the customer, what would a win-win look like and what do you need to do to demonstrate that to your customer?
• Plan for the expected objections and the unexpected that could derail your sales call. What could go wrong and how would you deal with it if it did go wrong?
• Write the plan down and take it with you!
By taking the time to prepare for each and every sales call you will increase your close rate and increase your dollars sold.
Take the time to prepare for success.
About Mosaic Marketing | Printing | Signage